From Ideation to Prototyping & Manufacturing
We offer tailored services for startups depending on their stage, ideation, prototyping, or mass manufacturing.
Tailored Support for each Startup
Proof of Concept(PoC)
Engineering Validation Test(EVT)
We also have a maker space, "Kyoto Makers Garage", equipped with machines such as 3D printers, laser cutters, and CNC processing machines, so you can also produce your own prototypes.
We accept manufacturing consultations both in person and online.
Take advantage of our extensive network of manufacturing supply chains to significantly reduce costs and shorten the time for prototyping and mass production.
Scope of our Services
・Analyze current status and issues of your project
・Establish the right strategy and roadmap from PoC to mass production
(PoC & Pre-Production Prototypes)
・Create plants and specifications
・Source prototype manufacturers
・Create project roadmaps and manage the progress
Mass Manufacturing Support
・Create plants and mass manufacturing specific specifications
・Support for design for mass manufacturing, quality control, and acquisition of standards/government approvals
・Source production manufacturers
・Create project roadmaps and manage the progress
Other Ad Hoc Services
・Support for any engineering issues in your company
・Optimize supply chains (distribution, logistics, and sourcing manufacturers)
・Cut down cost for existing product
・We help you overcome any challenges your company is facing
All first consultations are free. Please feel free to contact us.
If you are unsure how to proceed with manufacturing and creating something with specific functionalities, please consult with us. After analyzing your current situation, our hardware/hard tech experts will provide consultation and offer appropriate advice for prototyping and mass production, with an initial estimated timeline of one month.
If you have samples of the product or crowdfunding, but you are unsure if the estimated cost is reasonable or if the specifications are good enough to proceed with manufacturing, our hardware/hard tech experts will check and provide appropriate advice for the next steps.
If you have made some progress in preparing for mass production but lack experience in certain technical areas, or if you are seeking project management support due to a lack of previous mass production experience, our manufacturing experts will provide tailored support.
Let’s make it!
※First meeting including initial manufacturing cost estimate is free of charge
How did a software company create a hardware?
Interview with MZV's technical consultant
How a software startup put hardware into production
We are here for you
In which phase do we have to be to contact Monozukuri Ventures?
- Given that you are visiting our website, the answer is most likely "now." In our experience, many startups underestimate their roadmap and overestimate their current stage in the roadmap. We are sure that input from outside experts will be of great help. Please feel free to contact us anytime
What kind of information do I need to prepare before meeting?
After signing an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), the following information will help us provide you with a smooth quotation and schedule.
1. Latest business related documents (Pitch deck, business plan, etc.)
2. Project overview, including prototyping goals
3. Product specifications + files (CAD files + BOM)
4. Prototype + Demo video (if you have one)
- After signing an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), the following information will help us provide you with a smooth quotation and schedule.
Why do we need a BOM to get an estimate?
This is to get accurate quotes from suppliers. We need component names, specifications, and product drawings to make a viable proposal. In addition, this information is essential to us because it allows us to understand the product and its current state of development. In summary, we need the BOM for the following purposes
-To provide a proper quotation.
-To understand what the product/prototype is.
-To choose appropriate suppliers.
-To understand the stages of product development
- This is to get accurate quotes from suppliers. We need component names, specifications, and product drawings to make a viable proposal. In addition, this information is essential to us because it allows us to understand the product and its current state of development. In summary, we need the BOM for the following purposes
What is DFM: Design For Manufacturing?
Design For Manufacturing (DFM) is an integrated process for designing products to optimize manufacturing, reduce costs, and ensure high quality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and safety. Because it is highly challenging, it is also known as the "valley of death" for hardware startups.
This is a critical step for startups, as it can drain time and money. That is why we closely work with experts in each field to best assist startups.
- Design For Manufacturing (DFM) is an integrated process for designing products to optimize manufacturing, reduce costs, and ensure high quality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and safety. Because it is highly challenging, it is also known as the "valley of death" for hardware startups.
Can we outsource prototype development from the first place?
- We are ready to build any prototype you need. If you do not yet have any prototype at all, our makerspace, Kyoto Makers Garage, offers 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC routers, and other resources to help you create your prototype. We also have access to an extensive network of suppliers in Japan to assist with prototyping and advanced mass production to meet your needs.
How much does it cost?
- Prices varies greatly depending on the nature and stage of development. We will be happy to provide an estimate free of charge. Please contact us first to provide a quote and a project plan that meets your objectives.
How often can we get support?
- Typically, our PM spends 8 hours per week working on a project (varies depending on the phase of the project). Of course, we can spare more time to a project if needed.
Any support to acquire government approval/standard?
- We work with highly skilled suppliers to help you meet the local regulation to obtain the required certifications in the market/country you are trying to enter.